From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] finding qt plugins?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:47:34
1 On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Roy Wright<roy@××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > On ~x86 did the upgrade to qt 4.5.2 and get the following message:
5 >
6 > "After a rebuild or upgrade of Qt, it can happen that Qt plugins (such as Qt
7 > and KDE styles and widgets) can no longer be loaded. In this situation you
8 > should recompile the packages providing these plugins...
9 >
10 > "Packages that typically need to be recompiled are kdelibs from KDE4, any
11 > additional KDE4/Qt4 styles, qscintilla and PyQt4..."
12 >
13 > Then followed the link on the plugins which stated:
14 >
15 > "The Qt library and all plugins are built using a build key. The build key
16 > in the Qt library is examined against the build key in the plugin, and if
17 > they match, the plugin is loaded. If the build keys do not match, then the
18 > Qt library refuses to load the plugin."
19 >
20 > So how do I find all the installed qt plugins on my system and check their
21 > build keys?
22
23 From a couple minutes of poking around:
24
25 strings /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so | grep Build.key
26
27 strings some-other-file | grep buildkey
28
29 Which comes back with seemingly everything build against Qt4... But I
30 don't know how to tell which ones qualify as a "plug-in"...
31
32 Typically when I rebuild Qt4 I also rebuild kdelibs, PyQt4, and my
33 themes... in my case that is gtk-engines-kde4, gtk-engines-qt, and all
34 qtcurve packages. Seems to work for me.