From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mammoth emerge ...
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 10:18:53
1 On 03/05/18 16:22, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 3 May 2018 15:58:44 BST Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Is there anything I can do with the existing laptop and its limited
5 >> resources to speed up chromium's emerge?
6 >
7 > All I can suggest is to build a package in a chroot on a speedier machine and
8 > transfer it to the laptop. That's how I cope with a very slow 32-bit single-
9 > core Atom box.
10 >
11 Is distcc still there? I set that up ages ago, and when it was working
12 it worked great. Trouble is, I think it got messed up in an emerge and I
13 never set it up again.
14
15 Cheers,
16 Wol