From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Virtual Caller ID with asterisk?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 04:53:15
1 On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 19:17 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > Now that I've got linux recognizing my modem, I was wondering if I could
3 > somehow set asterisk up to give me caller ID information. Is this
4 > possible with asterisk? My modem is only Fax/Data (no voice), but this
5 > shouldn't be a problem if all I want is the caller ID, should it?
6
7 I don't know anything about asterisk, but I think caller id is a modem
8 option. Have a look at your modem manual for the hayes AT command set,
9 or search on the internet. (just about every modem understands most of
10 these).
11
12 IIRC, once you give the modem the CID command, the incoming ring
13 notification changes from "RING" to "RING <number>".
14
15 For the asterisk side of things, once again, the internet is your
16 friend: http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=82
17
18 and I'm sure there are more...
19
20 HTH,
24 You lived with a man who wore white belts? Laura, I'm disappointed in you.
25 -- Remington Steele
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list