From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] akonadi ... don't you just love it?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:07:16
1 On 12/08/2014 11:10, Mick wrote:
2 > I recall the devs explicitly stating early enough in the KDE4 development that
3 > sqlite is not man enough for the job and advising everyone to move over to
4 > mysql.
5 >
6 > Someone was looking at postgresql as an alternative to mysql, but I'm not sure
7 > that this would bring any benefit.
10 pg is a fine database, but for this use will always be a 2nd class
11 citizen. Most users will already have mysql installed, or will be
12 willing to install it.
13
14 The number of folks with pg and without mysql will probably be small
17 Alan McKinnon
18 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com