From: Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Solved.Re: X/ati/amd/kde4/hal/evdev/??? problem
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 06:25:06
1 On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 06:45:31 +0200
2 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > yeah? look at phoronix again. Their current drivers are completly
5 > fucked up. Plus no drivers for Pulsbo' chips.
6
7 I'm using current Intel drivers on another machine and they seem fine
8 to me. But I don't care much about 3D performance. My own "benchmark"
9 is how fast can I switch virtual desktops. ;-) The fglx (?) driver was
10 very noticeably slow and annoying, and unstable. Another strange
11 annoyance of it was my console would lock up for minutes at a time, but
12 not exactly hang (I could ssh into the machine), but then
13 mysteriously start working again. It would do that frequently. The
14 open-source drivers don't do that.
15
16 So that's my experience that I go by to make a recommendation to the OP.
17
18 > again: there is no '32 bitness'. As bridgeman explained in the thread
19 > I sent you the link to.
20
21 Thanks for the clarification. One down...
27 Keith Dart
28 <keith@×××××××××.biz>