From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Default applications
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:24:38
1 On Sunday 05 June 2011 22:15:18 Ignas Anikevicius wrote:
2 > On 05/06/11 21:34, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > .local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
4 >
5 > Thanks, I have found that, but I failed to find any documentation on
6 > what is the syntax of the file as this file on my laptop is very sparse.
7 >
8 > I.
9
10 I found the following in eselect news:
11 **
12 2011-04-27-glib-228
13 Title Upgrade to GLIB 2.28
14 Author The Gentoo Freedesktop Maintainers <freedesktop-
15 bugs@g.o>
16 Posted 2011-04-27
17 Revision 1
18
19 The method for setting default applications for specific URI types
20 (https://, mailto://, etc.) changed in dev-libs/glib-2.28 and newer.
21 If you previously set them in GConf using the Configuration Editor,
22 they will now be ignored.
23
24 If you use GNOME, you must upgrade gnome-session and
25 gnome-control-center and set your default browser/mail-client again.
26
27 If you don't use GNOME, you should ensure that the file
28 ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list has the following content:
29
30 [Added Associations]
31 x-scheme-handler/http=$browser_name.desktop;
32 x-scheme-handler/https=$browser_name.desktop;
33 x-scheme-handler/mailto=$mailclient_name.desktop;
34
35 Replace $browser_name.desktop and $mailclient_name.desktop with the
36 appropriate file from /usr/share/applications that can handle
37 http/https/mailto URIs.
38
39 The system-wide version of the file is often at
40 /usr/share/applications/defaults.list instead.
41
42 Please make sure that your browsers and mail clients have been upgraded
43 to the latest stable versions before doing all this.
44
45 More information about using defaults.list and mimeapps.list is at:
46
47 http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/mime-actions-spec
48
49 **