From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Webcamviewer (or such) ?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:25:16
1 On 2016-04-25, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 25/04/2016 17:43, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > vlc and mplayer can usually be persuaded to play almost anything using
5 > every imaginable URI out there. Very adaptable softwares :-)
6
7 Yep. If you can't do it with either vlc or mplayer, then it's likely
8 going to require some actual writing of code to impliment somebody's
9 halfwitted home-made streaming protocol.
10
11 When you get to the web page and get it playing, look at the page
12 source for hints as to the actual streaming protocol and URL for the
13 stream. If you're lucky, somewhere amongs the HTML, there's a URL
14 that you can hand to vlc or mplayer, and it will "just work".
15
16 If that doesn't work, you can use wireshark to try to spot the
17 streaming connection getting started up when you click "play".
18
19 If it's flash, I don't know what you do other than curse at Adobe and
20 the web page developer...
23 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'd like some JUNK
24 at FOOD ... and then I want to
25 gmail.com be ALONE --