From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Linksys router BEFSR41 loosing internet
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:33:37
1 Hi,
2
3 I bought this router the other day. I notice something that is a little
4 weird. When I first wake up and try to check my email, the internet is
5 dead. The light on my DSL modem is red and Seamonkey can't check my
6 email or load a webpage. If I unplug the router then plug it back up,
7 it works fine. It seems that after a while the router cuts off the
8 internet for some reason.
9
10 I need the internet to stay alive even when I am asleep. I run folding
11 and it sends data without asking me and some other stuff is running as
12 well. I have looked in the settings of the router but I don't see
13 anything that will change this. Am I missing something? Is this
14 normal? I used a router once before and I don't remember this being a
15 issue.
16
17 I also updated the firmware and it still does it. Feature? Wrong
18 setting? Router broke?
19
20 Dale
21