From: Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to find the EFI partition?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 21:47:29
1 On Tue Oct 11 22:19:04 2016, Daniel Quinn wrote:
2 > So what do I tell grub and the kernel to use for boot information? The
3 > handbook mentioned that there were differences between gpt and msdos
4 > partition setups, but the machine came this way, setup with msdos on the
5 > first disk and I'd rather not blow away all 300GB of Windows on a
6 > hunch. Do any of you have experience with this? Some guidance here
7 > would be super.
8
9 Hi,
10
11 As far as I know, you can’t use UEFI on a msdos partitioned hard drive.
12 So… are you not just using an old but known and stable BIOS?
15 alarig