From: Felix Kuperjans <felix@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error using "safely remove" for every USB DEVICE.
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 01:31:32
1 Hello Carlos,
2
3 this error is just telling you that udisks did not succeed in powering
4 down the USB device, but actually it was unmounted cleanly (so no data
5 will be lost).
6
7 The reason is most likely a missing kernel option:
8
9 "USB runtime power management (autosuspend) and wakeup" in "Device
10 Drivers" -> "USB support".
11 Note that this option only shows up when "Run-time PM core
12 functionality" in "Power management and ACPI options" is enabled.
13
14 Maybe someone could make the ebuild check for this option and issue a
15 warning if it is unset?
16
17 Regards,
18 Felix