From: Steve <Gentoo_sjh@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Slightly off-topic... "is there a web app in portage for...."
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:01:02
1 I want to be able to manage a sizeable number of reference manuals I
2 have in various ebook formats - CHM; PDF etc. scattered around various
3 PCs; on CDs etc. - and I'm looking for a web-app to help me organise
4 them as a virtual reference library.
5
6 I want to be able to tag the files by 'subject area' - since most span
7 more than one... and almost however they are arranged hierarchically -
8 the most unfortunate categorisation seems to have been previously chosen
9 as as the file-system location. By tagging every file with all its
10 relevant subjects, I should be better able to browse for my reference
11 work of interest. I would also love to be able to index the text in my
12 various ebooks - and then search my reference library by keyword... then
13 filter by classification.
14
15 It seems unlikely that I'm the first person to want this kind of
16 facility... can anyone recommend something which either implements this
17 solution - or could be modified so to do?
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list