From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Allow non root users to edit files owned by root?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 18:22:08
1 On 2011-12-20 12:20 PM, Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Well, as I've said, using a/normal/ editor doesn't solve the problem
3 > because you can use nano for opening a shell, thereby escalating your
4 > privileges. You have to use rnano (or nano -R). This solution is not
5 > really meant for the luxury of a full blown editor with arbitrary
6 > arguments and capabilities. rnano doesn't read nanorc files, for
7 > example. If you cannot agree on a common set of safe flags, you
8 > shouldn't use sudo for this purpose.
9
10 Points taken from all, thanks...
11
12 I settled on requiring the -R flag for nano, and limited the files that
13 he can edit, so he will simply have to live with this.
14
15 Thanks all...