From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Using Gentoo for Sound Recording
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:37:38
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Christoph Eckert [mailto:ce@×××××××××.de]
3 > Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 1:08 PM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using Gentoo for Sound Recording
8 > > I have ardour installed on the box, unfortunately, JACK is currently
9 > > being a jerk and giving me fits.  I tried to install the GUI
10 > > configurator for JACK, and after 4 hours of emerging the QTlibs, the
11 > > compile failed, so Im kinda banging my head on the wall right now.
12 >
13 > as soon the wall is down :) , it's most probably worth a new try.
14 >
15 > I guess you tried to install qjackctl. It's a cool frontend to jack, but
16 > if you don't need to connect various audio applications and devices
17 > maybe you'll be glad with running jackd on the command line.
18 >
19 > The 'only' thing you need to do is configuring jackd to fit your setup;
20 > see the web and the linux audio user list for help.
21 >
22 > If you need to do multitrack recording and/or low latencies, jackd and
23 > ardour surely is worth a try.
26 > Best regards
29 > ce
30 >
31 > --
32 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
33
34 [Timothy A. Holmes]
35
36 Christoph -- one further question if I may, the only linux audio list that I know of http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/subscribelau.php
37
38 Returns as a dead link and the linuxdj.com website is non functional
39
40 If this has moved someplace else, I would be very interested, as it seems like a great idea, if I can get it working.
44 Timothy A. Holmes
45 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
46
47 Medina Christian Academy
48 A Higher Standard...
49