From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: SMTP on Kmail-4.14.10 does not work without kde-apps/kwalletd-16.04.3-r1
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 14:56:41
1 Mick wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday 08 Jun 2017 13:21:56 Jörg Schaible wrote:
4 >> > Yes, this seems to be the problem. Starting Kmail does not launch
5 >> > kwalletd5 and as a consequence kmail starts asking for each email
6 >> > account password separately.
7 >> >
8 >> > I guess until kmail:5 is installed I will have to start kwalletd5 by
9 >> > hand.
10 >>
11 >> My situation is different, since I use kwallet-pam. That one will start
12 >> kwallet5 automatically and I am not asked by KMail for passwords (after
13 >> it now also uses kwallet5).
14 >
15 > I'm puzzled: I have kde-plasma/kwallet-pam-5.8.6 installed, but it will
16 > *not*
17 > start kwalletd5. Bear in mind though, I do not run a full plasma desktop.
20 Do you run SDDM? Do you have those two lines in it?
21
22 -auth optional pam_kwallet5.so
23 -session optional pam_kwallet5.so auto_start
24
25 Does your system password match the password of your wallet?
26
27 > Running Krusader:5 and trying to connect to a remote system starts
28 > kwalletd5 fine, but running kmail:4 it does not.
29
30 Does kmail:4 work after krusader:5 started kwallet5?
31
32 >> >> Note, you should install knotify:4 if you want notifications about
33 >> >> failed mail delivery from KMail. That was removed for me in an
34 >> >> dependency clean-up, because I had no entry for it in world.
35 >> >
36 >> >
37 >> >
38 >> > Hmm ... I thought kde-apps/knotify:4 was replaced with kde-
39 >> > frameworks/knotifyconfig:5?
40 >>
41 >> I simply recognized following line in the error log:
42 >>
43 >> akonadi_newmailnotifier_agent(6002)/kdeui (KNotification)
44 >> KNotification::slotReceivedIdError: Error while contacting notify daemon
45 >> "The name org.kde.knotify was not provided by any .service files"
46 >>
47 >> After installing knotify:4 I suddenly got desktopn messages from KMail
48 >> again.
49
50 [snip]
51
52 > I think both kwallet:4 and knotify:4 should have been retained as
53 > dependencies
54 > until all kde:4 packages are removed from portage. I can think why
55 > knotify should be in world, since it ought to be a dependency for kdepim-
56 > meta/kdepimlibs/kdepim-runtime, all of which are I have installed here.
57
58 For me kwallet5 actually replaced kwallet:4 with the latest update. And I am
59 glad about it, because the two wallets started to diverge and I had no
60 longer a kwalletmanager:4.
61
62 Cheers,
63 Jörg