From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Firefox's "Connecting"
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:10:12
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 13:21:13 -0700
4 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > But the ping times are normal. I'm having problems with the site
7 > intermittently hanging while I'm browsing, even as ping times are
8 > coming back normal. That's what makes me think it should be a problem
9 > with the software on the server. Does that sound right?
10 >
11 > [...]
12 > > does curl respond properly? , or does it just sit there waiting for response?
13 >
14 > curl sits there waiting for the IP to respond.
15
16 - might be syncookies, if you have activated that
17 - any chance that it's the client you're using for access? Bad MTU/MSS
18 settings?
19 - use tcpdump to inspect what's going on on the wire (best would be on
20 server and client side and then compare timestamps). You get aware of
21 retransmission tries and such...
22 - is server side name resolution working properly? Maybe something
23 tries to reverse-resolve the IP address of connecting clients (though
24 I don't know what should do such a thing on web server access...)
25
26 -hwh
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list