From: "Michael A. Smith" <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wrong time on reboot. Not a CMOS battery problem.
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:47:20
1 Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > The device hwclock connects to *is* the BIOS clock.
3 >
4 > Uwe
5
6 Let me rephrase. A physical device has to have a software
7 representation for software to "connect" to it. I'm trying to suggest
8 that something is wrong with that interface. Clearly Abhay's BIOS
9 clock doesn't jive with what the system *thinks* the hardware clock
10 says. /etc/init.d/clock also doesn't break or give an error when he
11 runs it (I guess). So that leaves that there is some interface giving
12 a syntactically-correct WRONG ANSWER as to the time, at boot time.
13
14 - Mike
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list