From: Jakub Krajcovic <jakub.krajcovic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Postfix, LDAP, courier-imap, how do i get them to talk to each other?
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:35:35
1 Hello all,
2
3 I am finishing the installation of a gentoo server, and $SUBJECT is
4 the last thing that i need to do.
5 The server's primary purpose is to server as a PDC for a windows
6 domain. The user accounts (both posix and samba) are stored in ldap,
7 as are the machine accounts (i followed the instructions on
8 samba.idealx.org to set it up). The accounts in ldap are valid unix
9 accounts (posix - like i mentioned earlier), the only thing is that
10 they do not have a shell, (eg /bin/false) because the users only use
11 samba, and do not connect to the server itself for shell access. Each
12 user has a valid home directory (eg /home/group/user) and of course,
13 a password.
14
15 I configured postfix to relay mail, and now i need to configure it to
16 receive mail, pass it to courier-imap (configure courier-imap), and
17 make courier look for delivery info in the ldap database, and deliver
18 the friggin email. I need the email stored in Maildir format, and
19 preferably, i would want it to be stored in /home/group/user/.maildir
20 (eg ~user/.maildir)
21
22 Could someone please help me with this? I have followed this guide:
23 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Postfix-
24 LDAP_virtual_users_with_qmail_schema and did some configuration
25 according to this, but i was not able to get it working, as this
26 deals primarily with virtual users, but my users are "real". I
27 googled, checked the forums, but i found nothing that would solve my
28 problem.
29
30 Also, i am using qmailSchema for the users that i need to give email
31 to. The fields that are defined for "mail-enabled" users are:
32
33 mail: user@××××××.sk
34 accountStatus: active
35 mailMessageStore: /home/group/user/.maildir (is this correct?)
38 In case anyone would be willing to assist, but you would need the
39 config files, please let me know, and i will post them on my server.
40
41 thanks in advance to anyone willing to help
44 S pozdravom / Best regards
45 jakub krajcovic
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list