From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Are the nptl and nptlonly USE flags compatible with each other?
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:32:16
1 On Saturday 17 September 2005 17:18, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Are the nptl and nptlonly USE flags compatible with each other?
3 yes
4 > euse allows you to set both at once. Can they/should they both be set for
5 > a normal system, or one *OR* the other? What info I have looked at so far
6 > is a bit confusing.
7
8 Basically, nptl sets up native posix thread library. Now, some programs don't
9 like nptl, and will break with it. If you don't set nptlonly, some non-nptl
10 compatible libraries will be installed that you can switchover too. However
11 that's become so old that I set nptlonly. With this, glibc is only built
12 once (instead of twice, one for nptl and one for non-nptl) and your system is
13 full nptl compatible.
14
15 > BillK
18 Chris White