From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] package masking question
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:39:05
1 Howdy,
2
3 I'm curious if there is a way to conditionally package mask.
4 Let me give todays example.
5
6 Running ~x86.
7
8 gimp-2.3.9 is installed.
9
10 gimp-perl-2.2_pre1 has this RDEPEND =media-gfx/gimp-2.2*
11
12 So naturally wants to downgrade gimp to 2.2.11-r1.
13
14 What would be nice is to be able to mask:
15
16 >=gimp-2.3 if =gimp-perl-2.2_pre1
17
18 That would then downgrade gimp to 2.2 and leave it there
19 until the next version of gimp-perl is available.
20
21 As it is, all I can see to do to prevent upgrade/downgrade
22 cycling of gimp is to package mask >=gimp-2.3 and hopefully
23 remember to unmask it when the next release of gimp-perl
24 is available.
25
26 It just feels like there ought to be a better way...
29 Thank you,
30 Roy
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list