From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Jack, the cat and its tail...
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 18:13:03
1 Hi,
2
3 I am currently trying to "jackify" my system with jackd and
4 pulseaudio.
5
6 I am also running some kaffeine, therefore the basic kde stuff
7 is installed (as less as possible). I am running openbox and slim...
8
9 The problem is: Kaffeine produces no sound.
10
11 Since Kaffeine uses xine I set ~/.kde4/share/apps/kaffeine/xine-config
12 to use jackd (audio.driver:jack).
13
14 This results in nothing audible and the screen freezes after a short
15 time...
16
17 Therefore I tried xine itsself...and patches ~/.xine/config according
18 to the above.
19
20 Same result.
21
22 But this time xine prints at the commandline:
23 This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.6.
24 (c) 2000-2007 The xine Team.
25 This system has no accessible HPET device (Device or resource busy)
26
27 I used fuser to get the name of the guilty....and gues who it is?
28
29 /home/user>fuser /dev/hpet
30 USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
31 /dev/hpet: mccramer 4221 f...m (mccramer)jackd
32
33 So .... I cannot use xine/kaffeine with jackd cause jackd is running?
34
35 The cat and its tail...
36
37 How can I circumvent this relly nice deadlock?
38
39 Best regards,
40 mcc