From: "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't delete CUPS print queue
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 20:14:09
1 I can't delete a networked queue because its host no longer exists.
2
3 * foomatic-configure -s cups -R -n queue@×××××××××××.com
4
5 works, but the queue comes back after ~15 seconds.
6
7 Grepping for "queue@×××××××××××.com" in my /etc directory (Gentoo 2.6.x)
8 doesn't yield any hits. Where is the queue name kept across boots? It's
9 not in /etc/cups/printers.conf, and it still shows up if I remove it
10 from /etc/printcap and restart cupsd.
11
12 I've tried deleting the queue with Webmin, but that doesn't work either.
13 If the queue delete command works, the queue comes back. Sometimes it
14 doesn't work and gives me a "can't find host" error message.
15
16 How do I delete this inordinately persistent queue?
17
18 Thanks.
19
20 --- Vladimir