From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] wpa_supplicant and at&t 2wire gateway
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:14:45
1 I've recently subscribed to AT&T's u-verse which came with a
2 2wire 3800hgv-b wireless gateway. On the windows side, my
3 dual-booting Dell laptop picked up the signal and connected
4 trivially. I've had no such success on the linux side.
5
6 The gateway claims to use WPA-PSK authentication and TKIP
7 encryption. My supplicant.conf file looks like:
8
9 ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
10
11 network={
12 ssid="my_ssid"
13 psk="my_password"
14 key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
15 proto=WPA
16 pairwise=TKIP
17 }
18
19 wpa_gui provides the following information for a few seconds:
20
21 adapter: ath0
22 network: 0: my_ssid
23 status: SCANNING
24 last message: Disconnect event - remove keys
25 authentication:
26 encryption:
27 ssid:
28 bssid:
29 ip address:
30
31 then displays:
32
33 adapter: ath0
34 network: 0: my_ssid
35 status: 4WAY_HANDSHAKE
36 last message: ASSOCIATED WITH 00:22:a4:0d:23:89
37 authentication: WPA-PSK
38 encryption: TKIP
39 ssid: my_ssid
40 bssid: 00:22:a4:0d:23:89
41 ip address:
42
43 and then cycles between these two sets of information.
44
45 I can't pretend that I understand what's going on, and I haven't
46 found any enlightenment in web searches. Does anyone know
47 what this means, where I'm stuck, and how to go forward?
48
49 Thanks for any help,
50
51 John Blinka