From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] what test gets done in pcre makefile to find gcc won't work?
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 04:47:50
1 I ran emerge-webrsync and agreed to merge some software titles from
2 gentoo. The first one was pcre and so far as I can tell, all went fine
3 until the makefile tested gcc and found gcc doesn't work. At that point
4 the emerge errored out.
5 Now, it's possible everyone is using the systemd profile but I went with
6 the default profile already used for amd64 installs so it could be that
7 profile ran me into this particular error.
8
9 Something else that was strange, I had the gentoo-minimal cd in use and
10 had downloaded a stage3 file and a snapshot. The package
11 sys-libs/timezone-data did not download in those packages and the handbook
12 provided no instructions on downloading and installing that package before
13 trying to set the local time. Could it be failure to use systemd profile
14 also brought me this error as well?