From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] google
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 07:36:11
1 On Saturday 11 Jul 2015 02:12:40 behrouz khosravi wrote:
2 > > Unlike Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple et al I suppose?
3 >
4 > I am sorry, google was on my mind the moment I posted!, I hate the amazon
5 > advertizements!
6
7 All these companies are the same. Google just happens to have a bigger share
8 of internet searches than others, almost a monopoly, but others have a bigger
9 share of your purchasing habits, reading interests, etc. With the increasing
10 digitalisation of social and economic activity, profiling of individuals now
11 happens online.
12
13 Falling off the grid is not practical for most non-hermits, but I guess it is
14 a choice still available to us.
17 Regards,
18 Mick