From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Virtual machines, and creating bootable images
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 14:52:58
1 Jigme Datse Yli-RAsku <jigme.datse <at> datsemultimedia.com> writes:
4 > I am looking at creating a gentoo install which I can use for my hosted
5 > servers. The documentation I have seen about doing so is to mount an
6 > "ISO" and then dd the mounted device to a data drive, make the data
7 > drive bootable (set it in the settings for hosting provider) and attach
8 > it to a server.
9
10 > I want to be able to build these images and test them in a virtual
11 > machine on my local server, then end up doing what I need on the hosting
12 > provider to get them in place.
13
14 > Anyone have some good starting points to think about this?
17 Oops,
18
19 I forgot to mention this link::
20
21 https://blog.mthode.org/posts/2016/Feb/creating-gentoo-vm-images/
22
23 I thought I'd go ahead and list it in this thread, in case any else
24 searches out this topic.
25
26 hth,
27