From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] low risk network bridge
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 19:59:30
1 My task is to enable a (remote) server to run VMs via qemu/KVM.
2
3 The server is configured to set up its eth0 via openrc but this isn't
4 enough to run the VMs network.
5
6 I tried macvtap but something didn't work, either libvirt (yes, with
7 USE-flag "macvtap") or something else (the kernel supports mavtap).
8
9 So bridging.
10
11 I'd like to keep the risk of losing connectivity as low as possible ...
12 I can visit the place in a few weeks to iron out things but I would like
13 to set up a bridge now without failure, just to get that VM running asap.
14
15 Could anyone advise me in doing this?
16
17 I have only ssh-access now ... its openrc-driven, and I might use a
18 second IPv4-IP if that helps ...
19
20 anyone?
21
22 (editing the conf.d-files to remove eth0 and setup br0 is too scary
23 right now. One mistake and the box is offline)