From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Partitioning strategy...?
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:36:10
1 On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 > I want to build a Gentoo server box whose structure is
3 > highly-partitioned, like this:
4 >
5 > /
6 > /boot
7 > /usr
8 > /tmp
9 > /usr/portage ==> via NFS
10 > /var
11 > /var/lib/postgresql
12 > /var/tmp
13 > /var/log
14 > /var/spool
15 >
16 > (Not all of them will reside on the same physical disk; I have
17 > /dev/sda up to /dev/sdd)
18 >
19 > I've been searching high and low for recommended numbers... and there
20 > are as many number as search-hits.
21 >
22 > So. Care to share your partitioning strategy?
23 >
24 > (And while we're at it, am I overdoing the partitioning?)
25 >
26 > Rgds,
27 > --
28 > FdS Pandu E Poluan
29 > ~ IT Optimizer ~
30 >
31 >  • LOPSA Member #15248
32 >  • Blog : http://pepoluan.tumblr.com
33 >  • Linked-In : http://id.linkedin.com/in/pepoluan
37 I don't use LVM but I suspect that on this list that would be the #1
38 recommendation to take care of the numbers question.
39
40 - Mark