From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Writing to tty01 (serial port) in simple straight forward way...?!?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 01:37:46
1 2014-10-12 19:22 GMT-03:00 Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au>:
2
3 > On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 16:42:22 Kerin Millar wrote:
4 >
5 > > On 12/10/2014 13:08, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
6 >
7 > > > Hi,
8 >
9 > > >
10 >
11 > > > I want to send commands to ttyO1 (serial port on an embedded system).
12 >
13 > > > The commands are one line each and terminated with CRL/LF (aka "DOS").
14 >
15 > > >
16 >
17 > > > Since this will be done from a batch script, it should be possible
18 >
19 > > > via commandline tools and non-interactively. The serial port is
20 >
21 > > > already setup up the right way.
22 >
23 > > >
24 >
25 > > > I tried
26 >
27 > > >
28 >
29 > > > echo -n"blablabal\x0a\x0d"
33 > > Firstly, this command is missing the -e switch. Secondly, the order of
34 >
35 > > the control characters is wrong. I would suggest the use of printf as it
36 >
37 > > has fewer pitfalls.
41 > > # printf '%s\r\n' "command"
45 > > --Kerin
51 > Also, are you sure that the standard output of the script is connected to
52 > the serial port? Try adding "> /dev/tty01" to the end of the echo/printf
53 > command lines and see if that helps.
59 > --
60 >
61 > Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/
62 >
63 > Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first:
64 >
65 > http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro
70 Or, perhaps, /dev/ttyS0 , or even /dev/ttyUSB0, if it is connected through
71 a USB to serial adapter.
72
73 By using this approach, you might be able to send a command, but most
74 probably (never tried) will not be able to receive the device's reply.
75
76 Try minicom, a simple text serial console.
77
78 Good luck
79 Francisco