From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounttool
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 06:44:00
1 On 12 November 2006 22:35, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 11/11/06, Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
3 > > Hi folks,
4 > >
5 > > some distros come with a little utility called "mounttool". I can loop
6 > > mount images of encrypted filesystems (cryptsetup but for loop mounting).
7 > > I can't seem to find it in gentoo. Does it hide somewhere? Or can someone
8 > > recommend a similar tool in portage?
9 >
10 > What's wrong with:
11 >
12 > losetup /dev/loop/0 <image>
13 > cryptsetup create decrypted_image /dev/loop/0
14 > mount /dev/mapper/decrypted_image /mnt/encrypted
15
16 Simply that I didn't know about losetup. ;-)
17
18 Thanks!
19
20 Uwe
23 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
24 http://www.SysEx.com.na
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list