From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh defaults to coming in as user "root"?
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 09:28:43
1 On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 11:12:37PM -0600, Grant Taylor wrote
2 >
3 > I find the KeyAlgorithms line to be atypical as well.
4 >
5 > Is there a chance that you used a fancy wrapper, possibly menu driven,
6 > that might have updated the ~/.ssh/config file?
7
8 Not that I remember. I've used "thimk" as the name for the Thinkpad
9 in the past under both Gentoo and Puppy linux. Puppy is an older
10 lightweight linux that runs with root as the primary user. That might
11 have been enough to have made me dig up the docs to create the config
12 file, but I certainly don't remember doing so. To quote the old saying
13 "Memory is the second thing to go. I forget what the first is".
14
15 Come to think of it, SSHing into "thimk" with Puppy linux would put me
16 in as root in the past. I thought this was somehow due to root being the
17 only user on Puppy linux. File dates in .ssh are...
18
19 * Sep 6, 2018 the former .ssh/config file
20 * Sep 22, 2018 authorized keys
21 * May 29, 2017 id_rsa and id_rsa.pub
22 * Jul 9, 2020 known_hosts
25 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
26 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications