From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Remote desktop to WinXP from Gentoo
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:07:43
1 > On Sunday 01 October 2006 22:41, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 >
3 > > Ok, then just "emerge rdesktop" w/o the front-end and start it by
4 > > typing "rdesktop" in kterminal or whatever is your favorite
5 > X-terminal-emulator.
6 > >
7 > > The basinc syntax is:
8 > > "rdesktop "my-father's-pc"
9 >
10 > Thanks again Daniel,
11 >
12 > I have tried to do that with no success. This is what I'm getting:
13 > =========================================
14 > $ rdesktop 192.168.0.2
15 > ERROR: connect: Connection refused
16 > $ rdesktop -u michael 192.168.0.2
17 > ERROR: connect: Connection refused
18 > $ rdesktop study1
19 > ERROR: connect: Connection refused
20 > $ rdesktop -u michael 192.168.0.2 -p -
21 > Password:
22 > ERROR: connect: Connection refused
23 > =========================================
24 >
25 > I have disabled the WinXP firewall just in case . . .
26 > --
27 > Regards,
28 > Mick
34 That looks and smells a great deal like your father in laws isp has the
35 ports blocked
36
37 TIM
38
39 Timothy A. Holmes
40 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
41
42 Medina Christian Academy
43 A Higher Standard...
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list