From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: [gentoo-user] At last! A Qt5 version of KMail-2 - but here be dragons!
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 14:59:50
1 This morning I ran my usual daily update and was presented with a long list of kde-app packages, including KMail-2. The only problem was four blocks that portage couldn't sort out on its own, so I evicted the existing versions with emerge -C and continued.
2
3 Then kleopatra failed to build, as in bug 602924. The fix there worked (I should call it an evasion really) and kleopatra built ok. Then, on continuing with emerge -uaDvU, another whole load of blocks arose, mostly from portage trying to pull back in the versions of packages that had just been superseded.
4
5 There seemed to be no way out of that, so I took my sledge-hammer and started an emerge -e world. No blocks were reported, so I think I might be getting away with it. I'm about half-way through so far, and I'm writing this via webmail.
6
7 So, tread warily, anyone who is offered 16.12.0 versions of 148 kde-apps packages.
10 Regards,
11 Peter