From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ttyS0 permission
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:09:06
1 Joseph wrote:
2 > How to change permission on /dev/ttyS0 ?
3 > Which program controls it owner and permission?
4 > Is it possible to change it with hylafax?
5 >
6 > Currently I have:
7 > crw------- 1 uucp uucp 4, 64 Mar 19 13:46 /dev/ttyS0
8 >
9 > And I wan it to be:
10 > crw-rw-rw- 1 uucp uucp 4, 64 Mar 19 13:46 /dev/ttyS0
11 > I've tried adding a rule to 50-udev.rules in /dev
12 > but /udev is not running and when I try to restart it I get:
13 >
14 > The udev init-script is written for baselayout-2
15 > Please do not use it with baselayout-1
18 If you want to make sure udev is running, do this command:
19
20 ps aux | grep udev
21
22 If it returns nothing, then you can start it with this command:
23
24 /sbin/udevd --daemon
25
26 Hope that helps.