From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:18:04
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Dale asks:
5 >> While I am at it, what is the syntax to mask a package higher than a
6 >> certain version in package.mask? I tired =>package.name.version and
7 >> tried>= package.name.version but the former doesn't work and seems to
8 >> ignore it and the later makes emerge print a boo boo message. On my old
9 >> rig, I want to mask anything above the 173 series. So far, I haven't
10 >> had the light bulb moment and never can remember how to do this.
11 >>
12 > This should do it:>=x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-174
13 >
14 > Wonko
20 I'll try that. I thought it had to be the whole version part. I guess
21 it changed at some point which is why it is complaining on my old rig now.
22
23 Thanks.
24
25 Dale