From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to set domainname
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:50:56
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > · Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>:
3 >
4 >> In any case, how do I go about setting my domain name in /etc/conf.d/net
5 >> if I still want to get my DNS server from DHCP (and I can't be sure it
6 >> won't change without warning)?
7 >
8 > Hm? Why should there be a problem? Just don't add a "dns_servers"
9 > line to /etc/conf.d/net
10 >
11 > Alexander Skwar
12
13 /etc/conf.d/net.example:637
14 > # To use dns settings such as these, dns_servers_eth0 must be set!
15
16 It's working fine right now with the domain name being set in /etc/hosts
17 - I'm just wondering if it's *possible* to do it the "proper" way
18 without setting dns_servers_eth0.
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list