From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why emerge sucks nuts:
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 10:47:39
1 On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 12:13 AM, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Now I'm uninstalling packages like a madman hoping to clear through this...
6 You know that posting ACTUAL emerge output might be more useful if you
7 want help, or if you think there is some improvement that could be
8 made to portage that you'd like somebody else to make.
9
10 While perhaps actual patches to improve things might be a bit too much
11 to expect from you, your attitude is likely to cause any portage
12 developers reading the list to think to themselves "let's watch him
13 squirm a while longer."
14
15 I'm sure the Gentoo Foundation will happily refund whatever you paid
16 for your Gentoo license key and issue you an apology if you ask them.
17 Of course, if you exercise this option we're going to have to insist
18 that you wipe all the hard drives in your home and we'll send a
19 license audit team out next week.
20
21 All of us get frustrated with portage from time to time, but most of
22 us have managed to recognize that it is the product of thousands of
23 hours of blood, sweat, and tears donated by people whose only reward
24 was that they know they did something to make the world a slightly
25 nicer place. Try to pay it forward a bit if you could...
28 Rich