From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dependency info is missing and /sbin/depscan.sh is not helpful
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:25:22
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I've been updating my system recently (emerge -u world). I've stopped
4 the update process with ctrl-c in order to turn the PC off. After
5 relaunching in the middle of the runlevel 1, right after "configuring
6 kernel parameters, updating environment , cleaning /var/lock, /var/run
7 and /tmp", I've been informed that:
8
9 Dependency info is missing! Please run
10 # /sbin/depscan.sh
11 to fix this.
12
13 To make the impression even bigger each line has got a red star in
14 front of it. This error is displayed twice, than system is entering
15 runlevel 3, displays the same message once more and allows me to log
16 in:
17
18 This is (none).unknown_domain (Linux i686 kernel version, etc.)
19 (none) login:
20
21 I logged in as the root and gave depscan.sh a try. No output has been
22 shown. I checked the output of '/sbin/depscan.sh --help' and
23 accordingly to information given I tried:
24
25 # /sbin/depscan.sh -u
26 * Caching service dependencies ...
27 sh: /bin/mktemp: No such file or dir
28 * Failed to create temporary cache!
29 bash: /var/lib/init.d/depcache: No such file or dir
30 sh: /bin/mktemp: No such file or dir
31 * Failed to create temporary cache!
32 gawk: /lib/rcscripts/awk/gendepends.awk:506: fatal error: expression
33 for redirection ">>" has a 0 lenght string
34 * Failed to cache service dependencies
35
36 The one but last line is displayed in Polish so what you can see above
37 is my hope-it-is-verbatim translation into English. I've tried to
38 'emerge mktemp' but I realised soon that I'm offline and I cannot
39 '/etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart' because I get the same error -
40 "Dependency info is missing!".
41
42 I've tried to google around and find a solution to this problem, but
43 despite finding few quite similar problems I haven't found anything
44 which would help me with this particular difficulty.
45
46 I would be very glad if you could support me'
47
48 Best regards,
49 Jan Stepien
52 Mail jano at stepien com pl