From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dhcpcd won't run at certain network points
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:33:50
1 On Wednesday 14 March 2007, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 14 March 2007 15:57, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > I would use google, if only I could think of a remotely meaningful
4 > > search string :-) The hdcpcd docs and kernel module docs are not
5 > > very enlightening. And the DHCP server is a Windows domain
6 > > controller.
7 >
8 > But do your DHCP requests show up in the server's logs (assuming
9 > windows is able to log that, which I don't know)?
10
11 I don't have access to that server, but the dude who admins it does know
12 I have this problem. Next time we meet, it's on my list of things to
13 check. Thanks for the reminder.
14
15 alan
18 Optimists say the glass is half full,
19 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
20 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
21
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
24 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list