From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] openntp failed?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 12:19:47
1 Hello,
2
3 Ok, so I have been looking for some lightweight, but reliable ntp system
4 to use on embedded, cluster-nodes and gentoo workstations. openntp
5 ran rock solid, for a while (weeks) but today, upon checking it's
6 off by about 6 minutes. No events here locally. I did use the default
7 gentoo servers for linkage::
8
9 # Choose servers announced from Gentoo NTP Pool
10 servers 0.gentoo.pool.ntp.org
11 servers 1.gentoo.pool.ntp.org
12 servers 2.gentoo.pool.ntp.org
13 servers 3.gentoo.pool.ntp.org
14
15 I tried to run ::
16 'ntpdate -sv pool.ntp.org' but that syntax does not seem to be
17 supported:: bash: ntpdate: command not found
21 Googling produces little on this package, but the man pages.
22 I even tried to stop and restart the daemon, but that makes no
23 difference but to verifyh that openntp is actually the daemon running::
24 Starting OpenNTPD ...
27 Any hints on using this net-misc/openntpd ?
28
29 James