From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] openntp failed?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 12:19:47
Hello,

Ok, so I have been looking for some lightweight, but reliable ntp system
to use on embedded, cluster-nodes and gentoo workstations. openntp
ran rock solid, for a while (weeks) but today, upon checking it's
off by about 6 minutes. No events here locally. I did use the default
gentoo servers for linkage::

# Choose servers announced from Gentoo NTP Pool
servers 0.gentoo.pool.ntp.org
servers 1.gentoo.pool.ntp.org
servers 2.gentoo.pool.ntp.org
servers 3.gentoo.pool.ntp.org

I tried to run ::
'ntpdate -sv pool.ntp.org' but that syntax does not seem to be
supported::   bash: ntpdate: command not found

Googling produces little on this package, but the man pages.
I even tried to stop and restart the daemon, but that makes no
difference but to verifyh that openntp is actually the daemon running::
Starting OpenNTPD ...

Any hints on using this net-misc/openntpd ?

James