From: Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --sync issue on only one comp on LAN
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 15:17:34
1 On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Bruce Hill
2 <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > There are 3 (or more) computers which sync (sometimes daily) on my LAN at
4 > work: server, router, and workstation. server has issues almost all the time
5 > getting a rsync server (for lack of better way to state it). All three comps
6 > have the exact same SYNC in make.conf:
7
8 Seriously? Your problem is that an incredible build-up of bad karma
9 has polluted your network. You are selfishly and pointlessly wasting
10 the rsync.us.gentoo.org mirror network's resources, and your own
11 bandwidth as well.
12
13 Run rsyncd somewhere. Sync the other two systems to it. If the
14 server has problems with outbound connectivity, use the router, I
15 guess.
16
17 Rsync mirrors don't grow on trees, man. People pay good money to
18 provide that service to us. You should seriously be embarrassed to
19 have posted this.
20
21 -gmt