From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Finalizing my backup system
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 01:46:29
1 On 10/06/2010 05:43 PM, Grant wrote:
2 >
3 > I see what you're saying but don't I need to use the ssh command in
4 > order to use the rdiff-backup command?
5 >
6 > - Grant
9 You shouldn't have to, rdiff-backup does it on its own. When you execute
10 e.g.,
11
12 rdiff-backup /home username@××××××××××××××.com::home
13
14 rdiff-backup will connect via SSH and launch that command specified in
15 the authorized keys file.
16
17 For that to work, you'll need password-less SSH to be the default when
18 connecting to the backup server. Here's what I have in my ~/.ssh/config
19 to force public key auth to backup.example.com:
20
21 Host backup.example.com
22 Hostname backup.example.com
23 IdentityFile ~/.ssh/backup_rsa