From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] new machine: incremental back-ups
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 06:40:09
1 My new machine is working very well -- thanks again for the advice -- ,
2 tho' the sighing noise from the CPU fan is a bit trying (smile),
3 & I'm considering setting up an incremental back-up system
4 so that if the SSD collapses,
5 I can restore everything from files stored on the HDD without re-installing.
6
7 I already have an adequate set-up of back-ups, incl off-site copies,
8 which ensures my personal files + configs cb restored,
9 but it involves some human intervention from me at various times
10 & I would have to re-install all the system + Portage stuff.
11
12 What do people who do incremental back-ups use ?
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca