From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] new machine: incremental back-ups
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 06:40:09
My new machine is working very well -- thanks again for the advice -- ,
tho' the sighing noise from the CPU fan is a bit trying (smile),
& I'm considering setting up an incremental back-up system
so that if the SSD collapses,
I can restore everything from files stored on the HDD without re-installing.

I already have an adequate set-up of back-ups, incl off-site copies,
which ensures my personal files + configs cb restored,
but it involves some human intervention from me at various times
& I would have to re-install all the system + Portage stuff.

What do people who do incremental back-ups use ?

--
SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto