From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync errors
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:48:34
1 On Thursday 27 March 2008, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Alan McKinnon
3 <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > On Thursday 27 March 2008, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
5 > > > Hi
6 > > >
7 > > > I am running the command
8 > > >
9 > > > /usr/bin/rsync -avO /var/lib/mysql sms@hostaa:/var/lib/ >
10 > > > /tmp/rsync-${TIMESTAMP}.log 2>&1
11
12 rsync should work with that setup, I don't know why you are getting
13 errors. I seriously recommend you take a close look at your permissions
14 for /var/lib/mysql though - you have it world-writeable - a big no-no
15
16 ACLs are working - the + at the end of the permissions in 'ls -l' proves
17 that.
18
19 I would be checking the individual files inside /var/lib/mysql/ and the
20 directory /var/lib itself.
21
22 Also, I don't know what (1) and (13) in the error logs means. It looks
23 like rsync result codes, but those numbers for rsync make no sense at
24 all in this context. Hopefully someone else reading this knows.
25
26 Finally, SELinux can do odd things like this, but it's errors are easy
27 to spot for what they are. Do you know what they look like, and do you
28 have SELinux enabled?
29
30
31