From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quick check on net-print/hplip-3.14.10
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 01:12:48
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi All,
4 >
5 > I just noticed that the driver for my old printer no longer shows up
6 > in cups, on one of my PCs. Comparison with other PCs shows that this
7 > one does *not* have the hpijs USE set.
8 >
9 > Could someone who also does not have hpijs set in their hplip tell me
10 > if the HP DeskJet 930C selection is missing, when they load up the
11 > GUI via https://127.0.0.1:631 and then try to modify a printer?
12 >
13 > Until this week there wasn't a problem with this PC so I am not sure
14 > what changed ...
15 >
16 > I've set it up with DeskJet 932c for now without USE=hpijs and it
17 > seems to work, so I am in two minds if I need hpijs or if I need to
18 > use the 930c driver anyway.
19
20 I don't have USE flag hpijs set for hplip (3.14.10) and when I modify
21 my printer, there are two lines for HP DeskJet 930C shown up:
22
23 HP Deskjet 930C Foomatic/cdj550 (en)
24 HP Deskjet 930c, hpcups 3.14.10 (en)
25
26 My USE flags for hplip are:
27
28 X doc hpcups libnotify qt4 scanner snmp -fax -hpijs -kde -libusb0 -minimal -parport -policykit -static-ppds
31 Regards
32 wabe