From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-fs/-MERGING-static-dev installed but unable to find it
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 05:29:00
1 wraeth wrote:
2 > On 14/09/15 13:46, Dale wrote:
3 > > So, it's installed but I can't find it to remove it. What the heck
4 > > is this about? Anyone else ever run into this? Is there a way to
5 > > "find" it?? Can I remove it somehow??
6 >
7 > I'm not certain, but I believe the -MERGING-* files are left over from
8 > an interrupted Install phase. Dr. Google suggests manually removing
9 > [1,2] and while I did come across this many moons ago, I can't recall
10 > how I dealt with it myself.
11 >
12 > 1:
13 > http://negativesum.net/tech/linux/gentoo/log/fixing-portage-when-it-has-
14 > wedged-a-package-as-merging
15 > 2: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-882687.html
19 Something broke in quoting again. Stinking software I guess.
20
21 This is along the lines of what I was thinking. I just don't see how it
22 could have happened tho. I have a UPS on my rig and I'd never shutdown
23 if there was a emerge process running. Then again, maybe something else
24 broke and stopped the emerge process somehow.
25
26 I also need to fix google too. It didn't find anything when I searched
27 which also made me curious about what the heck this is.
28
29 Going to go see if I can track this turkey down.
30
31 Thanks much. At least your google search worked. lol
32
33 Dale
34