From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tool to check PDF against PDF/X-3 ?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 21:02:52
1 Am 04.05.2011 18:28, schrieb Sebastian Pipping:
2 > Hello!
5 > I am looking for a Tool to check PDF files against the PDF/X-3:2002
6 > standard that some printing vendors seem to request in case of providing
7 > vector sources.
8 >
9 > The tool needs to
10 >
11 > 1) be free software as defined by the FSF [1], and
12 >
13 > 2) work on Linux.
16 > Has anyone seen such a thing?
17 >
18 > Thanks in advance,
22 > Sebastian
25 > [1] http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
28 I'm not aware of any real verification tool. I guess you could easily
29 build one using one of the free pdf libraries for introspecting the file
30 and matching all requirements.
31
32 A quick and dirty check would be to look for the identification string.
33 Every PDF/X has to specify its conformance using a plaintext string. I
34 can't provide you with an PDF/X example but this is how it looks for
35 PDF/A1 created by OOo:
36 `strings <pdf> | grep PDFA
37 <</Type/OutputIntent/S/GTS_PDFA1/OutputConditionIdentifier(sRGB
38 IEC61966-2.1)/DestOutputProfile 76 0 R>>
39
40 Hope this helps,
41 Florian Philipp