From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amd64 fresh install woes (configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.???)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:50:06
1 071127 Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
2 > I decided that the time has come to switch over to 64bit computing
3 > and went with fresh LiveDVD install of gentoo.
4 > After doing stage3 install and making syncing portage
5 > I'm failing updates on gcc and sandbox - both complaining:
6 > 'configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs'
7
8 I recently installed 64-bit Gentoo on a newly-built machine
9 & had something very similar happen with Gcc & Sandbox.
10 Try recompiling your kernel with support for
11 'Executable file formats/emulations -> [x] IA32'.
12 You may also later need for some other pkgs
13 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs' & some of its brothers.
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list