From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [A little OT] Is anybody else seeing these? - [gentoo-user+owner@gentoo.org: Messages from gentoo-user@gentoo.org to you have been bouncing]
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:12:13
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] [A little OT] Is anybody else seeing these? - [gentoo-user+owner@gentoo.org: Messages from gentoo-user@gentoo.org to you have been bouncing] by Jean Magnan de Bornier
1 Thanks Jean - I guess I should have expected nothing less from the Gentoo
2 folks!
3
4 On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 07:50:57PM +0200, Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
5 > Le 20 juillet à 19:21:34 "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com> écrit notamment:
6 >
7 > | I've gotten about 4 or 5 of these in the past few days, and don't really
8 > | know what to make of them. Is anybody elese seeing this? Or do I have an
9 > | issue? It's not happenning on any other lists, and all headers seem like
10 > | it's legit.
11 > |
12 > | Thanks,
13 > | John
14 > |
15 > | ----- Forwarded message from gentoo-user+owner@g.o -----
16 > |
17 > | From: gentoo-user+owner@g.o
18 > | Subject: Messages from gentoo-user@g.o to you have been bouncing
19 > |
20 > | Hi, this is the mlmmj program managing the mailinglist
21 > |
22 > | gentoo-user@g.o
23 > |
24 > | Some messages to you could not be delivered. If you're getting this
25 > | message it means things are back to normal, and it's merely for your
26 > | information.
27 > |
28 > | Here is the index(es) of the messages that bounced in the attempt of
29 > | delivering them to you:
30 > |
31 > | 16398
32 > |
33 > |
34 > |
35 > |
36 > | ----- End forwarded message -----
37 >
38 > Yes, I receive this kind of message when my mail server is down and
39 > gentoo's server cannot reach my address; these messages are quite normal
40 > and innocuous; and actually I know of no other ML being as polite as
41 > gentoo's ML!
42 >
43 > cheers,
44 > --
45 > Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
46 > e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
47 > T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
48 >
49 > --
50 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
54 Contrary to the lie machine, the world is not safer.