From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network failed and weird error message
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 13:41:57
1 On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 05:06:57AM -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > >
3 > > Just remove ohci and uhci from the kernel config
6 > > These days all you need is ehci for usb2 and xhci for usb3 (unless you
7 > > are using ancient hardware with physical usb1 ports)
10 > Well, I'm not sure about my UPS. It could be old school usb1. My mouse
11 > and keyboard is PS/2 tho.
12 >
13 > One additional note. It has ran all day with no problems that I have
14 > seen.
15 >
16 > Dale
17
18 The issue is not what interface the UPS uses, but the port(s) on your mobo.
19
20 "lspci -k" will show which kernel drivers your USB controller(s) use
21
22 You can also look at the mobo manual, or plug the model # in the
23 manufacturer's website, and check it's specifications.
24
25 Very doubtful you have USB 1.{0,1}, and iirc, almost, if not every, EHCI
26 controller has an integrated Transaction Translator so that you don't need
27 UHCI/OHCI anymore.
28
29 Cheers Homie!
30 --
31 Happy Penguin Computers >')
32 126 Fenco Drive ( \
33 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
35 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
36 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
37
38 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
39 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
40 A: Top-posting.
41 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
42
43 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting