From: Diagon <gentoolists.boxy@××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Questions on attempt at first install.
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 18:24:33
1 Could someone clarify for me what `genkernel --menuconfig` is doing?
2
3 Is it equivalent to a manual kernel config, only saving me the `make` && `make install`?
4
5 Or is it setting what `genkernel all` would set, and letting you modify that?
6
7 Do I run it as `genkernel --menuconfig all` ? As `genkernel --btrfs --menuconfig all` ?
8
9 If I run `lsmod`, I see btrfs, but I also see that btrfs depends on: xor, zstd_{de,}compress, xxhash, lzo_compress, zlib_defalte, raid6_pq, and each of those may have their own dependencies.
10
11 Do I need that whole chain for the kernel?
12
13 Thanks in advance!
14 /D